Terms and Conditions
- Mindfulness Retreats accepts no responsibility for personal injury to our clients or loss of or damage to their property, or for other matters over which Mindfulness Retreats has no control.
- Mindfulness can be a challenging practice and if a client is in a period of major life change or current severe depression, a retreat may not be appropriate at that time. We will ask clients to complete a short confidential questionnaire and have an informal telephone orientation prior to confirmation of a retreat place. Mindfulness Retreats reserves the right to gently refuse bookings if after discussion we believe this is not an appropriate time for a client to attend. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age.
The participant acknowledges that Mindfulness Retreats teachers and their associate teachers are not medical practitioners and the participant is responsible for working within their own physical limitations.
- A 25% deposit of the total cost of the retreat is required in order to make a booking. The final balance of the total cost of the booking is required 6 weeks prior to the arrival date. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the arrival date full payment will be due immediately.
- As well as online payment we accept cheque and BACS payments. Please get in touch using the contact form on the website and we will send you further details.
- Mindfulness Retreats will send you an electronic confirmation showing the price for your retreat and payments received. We will also send you an orientation and booking form for immediate completion. If we do not receive a completed orientation form and a subsequent telephone orientation does not take place then we cannot guarantee a place on a retreat to you. No bookings are valid until confirmed by Mindfulness Retreats.
- Whilst every effort will be made to respect requests for particular rooms and dietary preferences, Mindfulness Retreats cannot guarantee these.
- Mindfulness Retreats reserves the right to reallocate spaces on our retreat if monies due are more than 14 days in arrears, whereupon any monies paid by the client over and above 25% of the total reservation value will be refunded. However, if Mindfulness Retreats are unable to reallocate a space the client will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the retreat.
- In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (e.g. through force majeure or if it becomes unfit or unsafe for clients, or through circumstances outside the control of Mindfulness Retreats) Mindfulness Retreats will endeavour to provide suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment.
- Whilst every effort will be made not to, Mindfulness Retreats reserve the right to change retreat teachers to other suitably experienced individuals or to reduce the number of teachers on a retreat.
- Should you cancel your retreat more than 8 weeks before arrival date, any payment received will be refunded less the deposit of 25% of the total cost of the booking. Should a cancellation occur more than 6 weeks but less than 8 weeks before arrival date, any payment received will be refunded less 50% of the total cost of the booking. Should a cancellation occur more than 4 weeks but less than 6 weeks before arrival date, any payment received will be refunded less 75% of the total cost of the booking. Should a cancellation occur less than 4 weeks before arrival date there shall be no refund.
- Inclusive in the price are all meals, accommodation, teaching and retreat materials. Transport to and from the venue is not included. Activities outside of the usual retreat schedule such as external restaurant meals are also not included.
- Your personal belongings are your responsibility during your retreat with us. Vehicles should be locked and all valuables removed. We will offer reasonable help to assist you in tracing lost items.
- You are responsible for your behaviour during the retreat and creating a safe space for the group is important. In the unlikely case of behaviour that is aggressive, offensive, illegal or unacceptable for any other reason we may ask you to leave immediately. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you.
- Please note that it is the client's responsibility to ensure they have comprehensive travel / cancellation insurance cover and that it is adequate for their needs. We strongly advise that the client take out cancellation insurance in case they should need to cancel a retreat due to ill health or any other insurable reason.
Associates working with Mindfulness Retreats are obliged to maintain full professional indemnity and public liability insurance. All work within Mindfulness Retreats is on a self-employed basis and as such Mindfulness Retreats is not liable for any negligence of these self-employed practitioners.
- In the event that a client has cause for complaint whilst on a Mindfulness Retreat they must immediately bring it to the attention of the retreat leader. If the client fails to do so it deprives Mindfulness Retreats of the opportunity to investigate the complaint and to do their best to rectify it. If Mindfulness Retreats are unable to resolve matters whilst the client is on retreat and they remain dissatisfied then they must write to or e-mail Mindfulness Retreats within 28 days of their return with full details of the complaint. Mindfulness Retreats will do their best to investigate and reply to the client within 28 days of receipt of the correspondence.
- Special requirements and disabilities: Mindfulness Retreats welcomes clients with restricted mobility, disability, medical or particular care requirements. We aim to ensure that our venues are as accessible as reasonably possible so it is important that we are made fully aware of any needs, requirements and conditions prior to any booking being concluded. Please contact us and we will be happy to discuss with you availability, suitability and any necessary adjustments.
- Retreats require a minimum number of participants to run. In the unlikely event a retreat does not run for this reason Mindfulness Retreats will refund any monies paid. Mindfulness Retreats cannot be responsible for travel / other costs incurred.
- We have compiled the information in our marketing materials and on our website as accurately as possible at the time of production. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside Mindfulness Retreats' control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility for inconvenience incurred. We make every effort to ensure that the details are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to confirmation of a booking.
- These Terms & Conditions of Booking will apply to all confirmed bookings.
- These Terms & Conditions of Booking supersede all previous editions.
- Whilst every care has been taken to replicate the Terms and Conditions of Booking, due to the nature of electronic transmission no responsibility can be accepted by Mindfulness Retreats for any loss or inconvenience incurred by errors in the transfer of information into electronic format.
- All electronic data remains the property of Mindfulness Retreats and may not be replicated in part or whole without prior permission.
- All the information we collect and hold about you will be stored in confidential computer and other filing systems. We collect and keep information about you to enable us to administer our retreats and provide you with information about our future activities and those of our associates. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or our associates please let us know through our contact us page.
- This agreement and any dispute between us will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, Wales and Ireland. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, Wales and Ireland over any matter arising out of our agreement of your retreat. You may choose to submit to the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you are resident there. We must both act reasonably in selecting or agreeing any jurisdiction including any forum for dispute resolution.